CDN Portfolio Evaluation
- Upload artifacts from the courses for each Accomplished Practice every semester
Each user will upload artifacts from the courses taken during the current semester. The course assignments and matching standards are listed in the CDN Portfolio.
- Write/update ONE annotation for each individual Accomplished Practices
CDN users will write/update an annotation for each Accomplished Practice. This is a reflection statements guided by the annotation questions.
- Each individual Accomplished Practice Submission is evaluated individually every semester
At the end of each semester, CDN Portfolios will be closed for evaluations. CDN Portfolio Team which includes College of Education Faculty will evaluate student artifacts and annotations using the standard rubrics. Once the evaluation completed, CDN will re-open for users to check their scores and update portfolios. Individual Accomplished Practices will not be evaluated if the user has not submitted artifacts and annotation form.
- The process continues until student receive full score for each Accomplished Practice
In order to complete Accomplished Practices section of CDN, each user should receive full score for each Accomplished Practice and complete them all before graduation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who evaluates portfolios?
USF St. Petersburg, College of Education Faculty Members evaluate portfolios at the end of each semester.
- How does a portfolio get evaluated?
At the end of each semester, the system will be closed to students and open only to evaluators. Once the evaluation time begins, CDN Portfolio evaluators will visit each portfolio and review them using standard rubrics which are distributed to students during the Standards-Based Education course.
- What does a student need to do in order to get Accomplished Practices section evaluated?
You need to upload your artifacts (assignments) and write/update your Annotation for the specific Accomplished Practice. If you miss your uploads or annotation, evaluation will not occur.
- Do students get to see who evaluated their portfolio?
No, evaluator names will not be shown on your portfolio scores. The information will be kept to administrator only for future references.
- Does one faculty member review the whole portfolio?
No, different sections will be evaluated by different evaluators. For example: While Accomplished Practice #10 is being evaluated by a faculty member for all students at that time, Accomplished Practice #6 will be evaluated by a different faculty member.
- What score do students need to receive in order to complete their portfolio?
There are three different scores (Emerging, Bridging, Fulfilled). One need to receive Fulfilled from all sections in order to complete your portfolio.
- How long the evaluations take?
The specific dates/times will be listed on the main page.
- If a student receives Fulfilled for Accomplished Practice #10, does s/he need to update it again?
No, Fulfilled means that student is done with Accomplished Practice #10. S/he will not need to update your Accomplished Practice #10.
- Can I update my portfolio during evaluation?
No, updating your submissions during the evaluation period will change the submission date causing you to miss the deadline.
- After the evaluation, what happens?
When the evaluations completed, we will re-open the system so that students will have access to their score and continue updating their portfolios.
- Do students get only the score after evaluations?
No, evaluators not only give you scores but also their comments and suggestions to help you how to continue updating your portfolio and get Fulfilled scores on the specific Accomplished Practice.
- Is there a appeal process for the portfolio evaluations?
Yes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for appeal process on evaluations